The dialog between the different layers is performed via classes or structures that are automatically generated by WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile.
1. You choose the data sources (data files or queries you want handle in 3-tier).
The different data files and queries are created in the data model editor and in the query editor.
2. WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile automatically build the class diagram corresponding to the classes and structures that will be generated.
To do so, go to the "Análisis" pane, "Análisis" group, expand "Generación" and select "Generate the UML diagram corresponding to the analysis".
You also have the ability to create, in the UML editor, a class diagram corresponding to the analysis:
- Click among the quick access buttons.
- The element creation window appears: click "Architecture" then "UML".
- The wizard for creating a UML diagram starts.
- In the wizard, select "Class diagrams (reverse analysis, 3-Tier, ...)" and go to the next step.
- Select "Build the class diagram corresponding to the database and to the queries ( 3-Tier architecture)".
- In the window that is displayed, choose the type of code to generate (procedural or object) and validate
3. The classes and structures are generated in WLanguage.
On the Generation pane, in the "Otras acciones" group, expand "Modelado UML" and select "Generate code". The sets of procedures and/or the classes are automatically generated.
4. You can provided "added-value" by developing your own methods in these classes.
The synchronization between the classes and the diagram is performed in real-time.
You can also modify the analysis and synchronize the UML diagram with the analysis.
5. These classes or structures allow the "Application" layer and the "Presentation" layer to communicate with each other.